The Arduino plugin adds a top level menu to TextMate which exposes functionality useful for Arduino development. It also contains a serial monitor which leverages Apple’s terminal application, allowing ANSI escape codes.
The Arduino menu offers:
- Port – Exposes currently connected Arduino boards; or a generic ‘any’ option which choose the first board available.
- Type – A fixed list of board types, which customizes the download and build options
- Speed – The port speed used for the serial monitor.
- Serial Monitor – Launches the serial monitor as a separate process; one for each project
- Compile and Upload – Compiles and uploads the current project to the selected port.
- Unpack the Zip file
- Copy to ~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Plugins
This plugin is compiled to work only on Leopard.
Please install the Objective Development AVR MacPack.
Changes in Version 2
- Dropped the Make Controller and renamed to the plugin to Arduino.
- The Serial monitor was rewritten. It is now a cocoa console app, uses cocoa remoting to allow the TextMate plugin to control the serial monitor – such as releasing the device during a compile and upload or changing the port speed
- Support for multiple port speeds
- Support for multiple Arduino (Arduinos? Arduinii? more than 1 Arduino)
- Sanguino support
- Stability improvements and bug fixes
- Independence from Arduino releases
- Exclusive support for the Objective Development AVRMacPack
- This plugin is now Leopard only.
- Now supports standard Arduino programming model (with setup/loop instead of main)